Marat Safin retires from tennis in paris 2009

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Long way to Bangkok!

Thailand open tournament

Former world number one Marat Safin of Russia opens his bid today against Philipp Petzschner of Germany. The Russian still felt jet lag after a long trip.

"Yesterday (Sunday) I flew more than 20 hours to arrive in Thailand. I still feel tired and very sleepy," Safin said after his first training session.

Marat lost to Phillip Petzschner(GER) 4.6 6.7(4).

Safin had little to offer in defeat after last playing in the second round of the US Open. The disgusted Russian was burdened with 33 unforced errors as Petzschner notched a dozen aces and 13 winners.

'I didn't feel comfortable on the court, it's just the way I was today,' said the former number one.

'I didn't play well, nothing happened for me out there. It's my job to play tennis and I didn't do it well today.'

Hope playing the doubles is better!

1st Rd: Marat/Mischa Zverev(GER) play Simon Aspelin(SWE)/Julian Knowle(AUT)

No comments: